Your Package Holiday Contract
The combination of travel services offered to you is a package within the meaning of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations, therefore, you will benefit from all EU rights applying to packages.
Prior to booking, you will be advised who is the organiser of the travel arrangements and who is fully responsible for the proper performance of the package. The organiser may be Travel Bureau or a tour operator whereby Travel Bureau may act as an agent on your behalf.
Additionally, as required by law, Travel Bureau and the tour operators we work with have protection in place to refund your payments and, where transport is included in the package, to ensure your repatriation in cases of insolvency.
Key Rights Under the Package Travel Regulations
- Travellers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract
- There is always at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all travel services included in the contract
- Travellers are given an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organiser of the travel agent
- Travellers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs
- The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance, fuel prices) and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package the trader responsible for the package cancels the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package
- Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee
- If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contact and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem
- Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed
- The organiser has to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty
- If the organiser or, in some Member States, the retailer becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organiser or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured. The organiser of the package travel arrangements has taken out insolvency protection with ABTA – The Travel Association at 30 Park Street, London, SE1 9EQ; firstname.lastname@example.org; tel: 0203 758 8779 www.abta .co.uk for non-flight based packages and with the Air Travel Organisers Licensing (ATOL) scheme Civil Aviation Authority, Gatwick Airport South, West Sussex, RH6 0YR; email@example.com; tel: 0333 103 6350 for flight-based packages if services are denied because of the organiser’s insolvency
- Details of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 can be found at https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/634/contents/made
Travel Bureau’s Terms of Business
- CONTRACT: These are the terms on which we will make a booking for your travel or holiday arrangements. When making your booking we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the principal(s) and/or supplier(s) (e.g. tour operator/airline/cruise company/accommodation company) named on your booking confirmation(s).
As an agent, we can book you a package holiday with:
- one company/tour operator or
- different principals or suppliers, who combined, make up the components of your holiday, whereby you will have separate contracts with each of them.
As agent we accept no responsibility for the acts or omissions of the principal(s)/supplier(s) or for the services provided by them. The principal’s(s’)/supplier’s (s’) Terms & Conditions will apply to your booking and we advise you to read these carefully as they do contain important information about your booking. Please ask us for copies of these if you do not have them.
As an organiser, we may create our own packages as agent for the various travel service suppliers. In that case these Terms should be read in conjunction with our Package Holiday Booking Conditions and the Terms and Conditions of the travel service suppliers.
Our Terms of Business are governed by English Law and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may, however, choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live there and wish to do so. All travel arrangements which we provide, or which are sold through us, are not an offer by us to sell any travel arrangements, but an invitation to you to make an offer to the suppliers of the arrangements. We are free to accept that offer on behalf of those suppliers or to reject it.
- BOOKING DETAILS: When a booking is made all details will be read back to you. Once you have confirmed these details, we will proceed to confirm the booking with the principal(s)/supplier(s). Please check that all names, dates and timings are correct on receipt of all documents and advise us of any errors immediately. Any changes to these details will incur the charges stated below. Please ensure that the names given are the same as in the relevant passport. The booking information that you provide to us will be passed on only to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements or other persons necessary for the provision of your travel arrangements. The information may be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. This applies to any special category (sensitive) information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary and religious requirements. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons. Certain information may also be passed on to security or credit checking companies. If you are travelling to the United States, the US Customs and Border Protection will receive this information for the purposes of preventing and combating terrorism and other transnational serious crimes. If you travel outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, we will be unable to provide your booking. Full details of our data protection policy can be found here - https://www.travelb.co.uk/privacy-policy.
- PAYMENT: You will be required to pay a deposit or make full payment for your booking at the time of booking. Where you only pay a deposit, you must pay the full balance by the balance due date notified to you. If full payment is not received by the balance due date, we will notify the principal(s) or supplier(s) who may cancel your booking and charge the cancellation fees set out in their Terms and Conditions.
- CANCELLATION and AMENDMENT: Any cancellation or amendment request must be sent to us in writing and will not take effect until received by us. If you cancel or amend your booking the principal(s) or supplier(s) may charge the cancellation or amendment charge shown in their Terms and Conditions (which may be 100% of the cost of the travel arrangements) and you must pay us the cancellation or amendment charge stated below.
- INSURANCE: Many principals/suppliers require you to take out travel insurance as a condition of booking with them. In any event, we strongly advise that you take out a policy of insurance to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; and other expenses. If we have issued your policy, please check it carefully to ensure that all the details are correct and that all relevant information has been provided by you (e.g. pre-existing medical conditions). Failure to disclose relevant information will affect your insurance.
- FINANCIAL PROTECTION: All the package holidays we sell, including those that we might organise for you, offer financial protection. If you buy a single travel service, then this might not apply. Package holidays are protected by the package organiser and we will provide you with their confirmation. When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
If, after selecting and paying for one travel service, you book additional travel services for your trip or holiday via our company, you will NOT benefit from rights applying to packages under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018.
Therefore, we will not be responsible for the proper performance of the individual travel services. In case of problems please contact the relevant service provider.
However, if you book any additional travel services during the same visit to or contact with our company, the travel services will become part of a linked travel arrangement. In that case we have, as required by the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, protection in place to refund your payments to us for services not performed because of our insolvency. Please note that this does not provide a refund in the event of the insolvency of the relevant service provider.
Travel Bureau has taken out insolvency protection with ABTA – The Travel Association, for packages that do not include a flight (30 Park Street, London, SE1 9EQ – email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 0203 758 8779) and with the Air Travel Organisers Licensing (ATOL) scheme for packages that include a flight (Civil Aviation Authority, Gatwick Airport South, West Sussex, RH6 0YR – email email@example.com, telephone 0333 103 6350) if services are denied because of our insolvency.
Note: This insolvency protection does not cover contracts with parties other than with us, which can be performed despite our insolvency.
A copy of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 can be found at
- DELIVERY OF DOCUMENTS: All documents (e.g. invoices/tickets/Insurance policies) that require to be posted will be sent to you by First Class post. Once documents leave our offices we will not be responsible for their loss unless such loss is due to our negligence. If tickets or other documents need to be reissued all costs must be paid by you. You can ask for delivery by other means subject to the charges stated below.
- PASSPORTS, VISAS AND HEALTH: We can provide general information about the passport and visa requirements for your trip. Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. Neither we nor the principal(s)/supplier(s) accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. Please note that these requirements may change between booking and departure. Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. Please take special note that for all air travel within the British Isles, airlines require photographic identification of a specific type. Please ask us for full details. We can provide general information about any health formalities required for your trip, but you should check with your own doctor, practice nurse of health clinic for your specific circumstances.
- FINAL TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS: Please ensure that all your travel, passport, visa and insurance documents are in order and that you arrive in plenty of time for checking in at the airport. It may be necessary to reconfirm your flight with the airline prior to departure. If you fail to reconfirm you may be refused permission to board the aircraft and you are unlikely to receive any refund.
- COMPLAINTS: Because the contract(s) for your travel arrangements is between you and the principal(s)/supplier(s), any queries or concerns relating to the travel arrangements should be addressed to them. If you have a problem whilst on holiday, this must be reported to the principal/supplier or their local supplier or agent immediately. If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may be reduced or you may not receive any at all depending upon the circumstances. If you wish to complain when you return home, write to the principal/supplier. You will see the name and address plus contact details in any confirmation documents we send you. We will of course assist you with this if you wish - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the matter cannot be resolved and it involves us or another ABTA Member then you have the option to use ABTA’s ADR scheme, approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute, see www.abta.com. You can also access the European Commission Online Dispute (ODR) Resolution platform at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This ODR platform is a means of notifying us of your complaint; it will not determine how your complaint should be resolved.
- SERVICE CHARGES: In certain circumstances we apply a service charge for the services we provide. This will be advised prior to booking
Travel Bureau’s Booking Conditions
Please follow the links below for full booking conditions.
- Travel Bureau Package Holidays Booking Conditions (Single Contract) – These booking conditions refer to a package holiday, sold at one inclusive or total price.
- Travel Bureau Package Holidays Booking Conditions (Multi Contract) – These booking conditions refer to a package holiday where the prices for the individual elements of the holiday (i.e. flight, hotel, transfer) are shown separately.
If you require any further information or have any queries about our booking conditions, please contact us on 0191 285 9321 or email email@example.com.