Weddings abroad are becoming more and more popular: often costing a fraction of the price of a UK wedding, they allow you to celebrate your love for one another, surrounded by family and friends, in a breath-taking destination.
Getting married in the UK can be fraught with weather worries, anxieties about being late because of the traffic, and tensions over seating plans. Having an overseas wedding in a romantic location takes the stress away, allowing you to relax, focus on each other, and have a day to remember for all the right reasons.
Say your vows in an idyllic, dream location and make your wedding the most romantic day of your life with an overseas ceremony. Our expert wedding and honeymoon travel team will help you every step of the way - creating your perfect wedding abroad has never been easier!
Wedding Abroad Advice
- Check if you can legally marry in your chosen location, tourists cannot legally marry in the Maldives but can use the destination to renew vows.
- Your wedding will be registered in the country in which it takes place, but will still be legally recognised in the UK
- Book early to ensure your favourite choice of wedding date and location. Some destinations can only be reached on certain days due to airplane schedules, so you may need to be flexible.
- Not all destinations have year-round good weather so check you’re booking for the best time of year.
- Arrange to video the wedding. This is the best way to appease family and friends who have been left at home.
- Expect a simple ceremony. It will be quick and informal. Most registrars are happy to include an appropriate reading that is special to you.
- Pack original copies of your required documents – you can’t get married without them. If you’re divorced, make sure you have your decree absolute and all court papers before you book your wedding. Some countries will also require your previous marriage certificate. For more information, see Legal Documents.
- Make sure your travel insurance policy covers the value of your wedding and rings.
- In most destinations ceremonies can be held between Monday and Friday excluding local holidays. Las Vegas permits marriage 365 days a year.
Book an appointment today to start planning your dream wedding...